This week's episode of the Manaverse Podcast is a special one. Not only is it the 25th episode, it's also a two parter. The featured business for the next two episodes of the podcast has a popular channel on Youtube, extensive sales on eBay and TCG Player, and created an MtG crate subscription service, on top of a thriving brick and mortar shop in Cayuga Falls, Ohio. Many of you may have already seen some of their videos including the series Card Shop Life. I am of course talking about Kevin and Aaron from Derium’s CCGs.
This was an epic interview and we covered so many different topics over the course of the conversation I have to break it up into two episodes. There were so many gems in this interview, we could have spent an entire episode talking about the CCG Crate business they created.
Over the course of the episode we talk about:
- How Derium’s got started
- The power of making up things on the fly and just executing
- Selling on eBay and TCG player and why eBay kind of sucks now
- Wasting thousands of dollars on a website
- Building a Youtube community and how it can be a lot like Mean Girls
- Creating a crate subscription service
- Why it’s so hard to find people with initiative
- Dealing with the muggles
And that's just part one.
Kevin’s enthusiasm and Aaron’s deadpan humour make an awesome combination and I had a lot of fun recording this episode. Rants and tangents abound in this interview, the video below will give you a good idea as to what you can expect.